Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Janell (Near) Langlois


After high school I attended Rick’s College in Rexburg, Idaho (a very cold and forsaken college town). But the school was great! Emily Hamblin and I were roommates and we had a lot of fun. I graduated with my A.A. in General Business and went on to Brigham Young University in Provo, Utah. I received my B.S. in Family Counseling with a minor in Business Management.

I married Paul Langlois, also a Wyoming native (Cheyenne), in December 2001. We have lived in Rexburg, Salt Lake, Provo, and we are currently living in Parker, CO (just south of Denver). We have been here for 9 months.

I worked as a social worker for the State of Utah for 4 years: 2 years as a caseworker for teenagers in foster care and 2 years as an adoption worker for children in the foster care system. When we moved to Colorado I decided that I wanted completely out of the social work scene and I am currently working as an assistant at a small company in Highlands Ranch, CO. It is a nice change.

We do not have children yet, but we are the proud owners of twin pugs, Lucky and Chika, who we treat like children.

Paul and I enjoy shopping (a dangerous hobby at times), outdoors, sports, traveling, visiting family, and hanging out with Paul’s cousins here in Parker.

No comments: